We arrived yesterday at Puerto Rico, on the day of both FLorencio's and my own 40th bday. Best gift ever!!!!! Plus gabriela calls me MAMA. We are a family of 4!!! We were very very tired from flying from HK to Chicago, going through customs and Immigration where we turned in THE brown envelope and Gabriela became the newest US citizen. Then we flew to newark where we spent the night in order to take an early flight to PR. When we arrived at PR both our respective parenta were at the airport, as well as Auntie Jelixa and good fried Lisandra. Everyone was so excited about Gabi, but as expected she was a bit overwhelmed. Gabriela is probably one of the most sociable babies I have ever seen adopted, but still, I don't think people who are not immersed in adoption realize that these are kids who have been in a very controlled environment all their lives who have ha unmet needs and therefore it will take them a bit more to trust them, especially when a very fragile trusting bond is still being formed between the child and their immediate family, namely mama, papi and brother.
After we got home my parents stated for a bit, and one of ymy aunts and nieces came over to visit.
As to the house i believe that at first gabi was a bit overwhelmed, but later began to play. She fell asleep at 5 pm and woke up at 11 pm. I just put her to sleep again after a bottle, SOME play and the magic of her mobile which she totally loved. Seba went to sleep at 7 pm and has not woken up, so that is good.
We are really over the moon! Right now I have no desire to go sleep but imagine I must try to do so.
PD- As to Sebastian, it is hard for him. He is a very perceptive child, and even if people try to give equal attention he sees a difference in the attention he used to receive. Also at home I obviously have to give for now more attention to Gabriela. I hope to see my little guy more like himself tomorrow, and less acting up like he has been doing for past couple of weeks. But do I get where he is coming from? Hell yeah! We can only love him and let him see that he is still as much of our little guy as always, only he now has a little sister as well, whom he dearly lives i might add. Te amo Seba con todo el đź’™ y hasta el infinito.
Pd2- I had to add the picture of our family with taxicab driver Ramon taken at HK. He took us from the train station to our hotel and this guy was so so excited because for years, he has been teaching himself Spanish. It is not quite good buy he gets a millikn points for trying. I must confess that at first I een thought he was drunk because he would shout "estoy contento estoy tan contento" because he was getting a chance to practice his Spanish. I mean this guy was really excited. He also said that we were the first Spanish speaking family he had had in his cab who had adopted a baby. So here is Ramon, who we really hope he achieves his dream of travelin to Slpain, Chile and Argentina.
Pd3- There are also pics of the siblings, taken both in HK and newark hotel, and airplane to PR
Pd4- From HK to Chicago we had requested a bassinet, and we were lucky enough to be able to get one. In the pic you can see Gabi in it.
Pd5- you can also see pics from when we left HK, from waiting at Newark airport and from airplane to PR.
Pd6- I also includes one of the first pics I took of Gabi in our house.











Mi querida y amada sobrina... cuando supe de tu llegada, agradecà a Dios por haberme enviado a ti como mi sobrina...siempre pensé en tener una sobrina como tu... eres un regalo de Dios! Vivimos en Brasil, y por eso aun no nos conocimos, pero si Dios quiere, en breve te tendré en mis brazos...
ReplyDeleteTe queremos mucho y bienvenida...
Tu titi Lisa, Padrino Jaime y primito Jaiminho
Beijos!
Gabriela en estas fotos es cuando vienes en el avion pa Puerto Rico'tu nuevo HOGAR'.Estamos seguro q estaras feliz y protegida entre tanta gente q te quiere. Tus abuelos Alida y Jaime
ReplyDeleteGabriela,
ReplyDeletePrimero que nada, le damos las gracias a Dios porque una muchacha como tu halla llegado a nuestras vidas. Todavia Titi Lisa y yo no hemos podido conocerte personalmente pues estamos viviendo lejos pero hemos escuchado que eres una chuleria de bebe. Ya te daras cuenta en la vida que no es facil esperar por algo/alguien que en realidad se necesita y se quiere... en tu caso, llevabamos mucho tiempo esperando a conocerte pero la espera definitivamente valio la pena.
Es bien especial para nosotros que seas casi de la misma edad que mi hijo... tu primo. Asi que te dire lo mismo que le digo a el cuando 'me pide la bendicion' antes de dormir: Que Dios te bendiga siempre y te haga una chamaquita bien buena gente.
Te queremos mucho, gracias por estar aqui y que Dios te bendiga,
Padrino, Titi Lisa y Jaiminho