Words cannot describe how I felt exactly one month ago when I received that call at 1:37 pm indicating that our referral had arrived. I got very nervous. The person from our agency calling said it was normal. I was hyperventilating and am pretty sure I was making no sense. I learned my darling Gabriela that you were 6 months old, which made me cry pretty hard. I knew that I would be able to still enjoy baby moments and some firsts with you. Then I learned that you were in Jiangxi and then I asked whether I could call her back in 2 hours so Babba could also be on the phone. I felt bad that he was not included. I got off the phone and received the most precious email message in my life: your pictures. There were three pictures, which you have already seen, and I felt instantly in love. I then literally ran from my office to the parking lot, with the printed pictures of you so Babba could see them, and came home so we could call the agency as a family. At exactly 3:30 pm we called the agency. This time I had a list with us and got a lot of questions answered. Oh my dear we are already a family of 4, and let me tell you my darling Gabriela, you have made us the proudest papas of the whole universe. Your older brother is also very happy.
p.d.- Just for the record, you do look like a Gabriela, just like your brother always thought so.
No comments:
Post a Comment