Today was a good day. I went to the post office around 1:00 pm, and was told that the care package we sent Gabriela on May 30 had been delivered TODAY at 10:16 to the orphanage. Needless to say this are exciting news.
Today I also sent a second care package to Gabriela through my friend from CAWLI Emily, who has been a great friend through all this. She will be able to travel earlier than us to China in order to get her daughter, and has been so nice to let us send another care package to Gabi through her. This time I am sending another camera (at the time I packed it, did not know that first pacakge had been delivered), a doll and additional pictures. This time I included a picture of our family in which i included a picture of Gabi and one of us 3, and put a label of "our family".
And of course my friend Emily's daughter will also be getting another doll just like Gabi's. I think of her daughter as another sister of Gabi's. I am sure that we will all meet later on in life, and our daughters will get together.



No comments:
Post a Comment