Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

What happens when you wake up at 5 am in China

I guess my turn has arrived. For days now, Florencio has had trouble sleeping because he wakes up too early, and when I say early, I mean 3 and 4 am. Now it is my turn. I am feeling pretty anxious. In a couple of hours we will be going yet again to the airport, this time to travel to Guangzhou, our last let of this trip, where we will have to sign many more documents and take Gabi to her physical for the visa, and we will have to go to the consulate appointment on September 4. Therefore, today we take Gabi away from her province, and for the first time we will go to the airport and check in as a family of 4. That I still don't understand how it happens, since yesterday we were handed Gabi's Chinese passport, where eventually her visa will be posted, and which she will only use for this trip, since once we reach US soil she becomes a US citizen. Anyway, our guide will be with the three adoptive families, because I for once figure we will have to show and say a bit more than just that Gabi is ours to let them leave Nanchang with us at the airport. Gabi will also be in an airplane for the first time. From what I have heard, understandably a lot of the babies get pretty fuzzy in the airplane. Did not happen with Sebastian, and hoping Gabi will be an exception to the rule. And as always, the proud mamma leaves you with more picutres of her BEAUTIFUL children.
p.d. A la familia en Puerto Rico, se supone que las comunicaciones en Guangzhou sean mucho mejores. es una ciudad mucho mas grande. Ahora mismo el internet esta rapidito porque casi nadie esta despierto, pero yo soy l unica despierta asi que no los puedo llamar porque levanto a Floren y a los chiquitines. Los queremos mucho. Esta todo bien gracias a Dios, pero ya estamos algo preparados de volver a nuestra isla y de volver a la normalidad con gabi y seba. Un abrazo, Ode

No comments:

Post a Comment